Experienced Community Social Worker, Porirua
0.8 FTE Porirua
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of kaumatua and toeaina?
We are looking for a person to join our Older Persons Team to support older people to live in their community with safety and independence, free from abuse, and with meaningful lives. You will join a dedicated and professional staff in an organisation with a reputation for being a leading-edge provider of social services. The position will be based in Porirua.
You will bring experience and understanding to:
- Pacifica and Maori care for toeaina and kaumatua in their communities
- Working in a Te Tiriti o Waitangi responsive organisation
- Supporting older people with cognitive impairment and other long-term conditions.
- Working to end instances of elder harm
- The principles of strengths-based practice and restorative justice
- Working within a multi-disciplinary health environment
- Working with mental health and addiction
You will have:
- A social work qualification and registration.
- Outstanding relationship management and networking skills
- A can-do attitude, and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- A full New Zealand drivers licence
The salary scale is $45,955 to $56,000.
For further information and an application pack, please refer to www.wesleyca.org.nz or contact:
Isabel MacDonald – Executive Assistant
Wesley Community Action
PO Box 9932, Wellington 6141
Phone: 04 805 0875