Family Engagement Worker, Oranga Tamariki, Invercargill
- Energetic youth focused, fun team
- Take your leadership and supervision skills to the next level
- Tired of the churn? This may just be what you are looking for
Oranga Tamariki operates a therapeutic youth home in Invercargill. This is a community care setting with a focus on returning tamariki to whānau and permanent care. It is a place of safety where tamariki and rangatahi aged between 12 and 18 live in a supportive, structured environment. The purpose is to support tamariki in making good life choices, strengthening whānau relationships and safe reintegration back into the community.
About the role
Working as part of a small leadership team, you will be coordinating and supporting family contact, mentoring the staff, and collaborating with professionals, and other community supports to ensure the best possible outcome for tamariki and rangatahi.
This is a great opportunity to build your trauma informed care knowledge, leadership skills, and family work base.
One fantastic part about this role is that it enables you to work with a small case load that focuses on quality practice and outcomes, enabling you to do some stunning practise.
Another is that this is genuinely a really great team to work with; they are really supportive of each other and welcoming to new team members.
- Organised, and efficient
- Must have experience working with challenging young people and a multi-disciplined team
- A background as a social worker, family therapy, occupational therapist would be a great fit for this role
- Ideally be a registered practitioner
- A background in working with trauma informed models, and Tikanga Māori
We can offer:
- Opportunities to further your leadership skills
- A competitive salary
- The awesome team!
How to apply: Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
For any further queries, please contact Roxana Anderson at email: Roxana Anderson at email@example.com
Applications close on Wednesday, 8 July 2020.