Family/Whānau Worker, Blenheim
Social Work / Teaching / Nursing or related field
Family Start is a service involving intensive home visiting for families/whānau experiencing challenges that impact on their parenting. Family Start focuses on improving children’s health, learning and relationships, family/whānau circumstances, environment and safety to ensure children have the best possible start in life.
We are seeking applications for a permanent Family/Whānau Worker role primarily based in the Blenheim office.
We are keen to hear from you if you:
- are seeking a challenging, inspiring and fulfilling job
- have a background in working with children and families/whānau in the social services, health and/ or education sectors
- can demonstrate the ability to work alongside others in an empowering way
- have knowledge and understanding of child safety
- can build supportive and effective relationships with families/whānau
- have excellent time management and computer skills
- have excellent written and verbal skills
- have a minimum diploma level qualification relevant to working with children and their families such as social work
- applicants in their final year of studying towards the required qualification will also be considered
For an application form and position description contact the Nelson Office:
Phone: (03) 5470940, fax (03) 548 0418,
Applications close Friday 17th July 2020 at 5pm.