Functional Family Therapist – Auckland
We’re looking for passionate, appropriately qualified psychologists, social workers, counsellors or mental health practitioners to be part of an innovative new service designed to interrupt the cycle of intergenerational offending for rangatahi and their whānau.
E ngā reo, e ngā mana, hūri noa I te motu, tēnā koutou katoa.
He tūranga tēnei e wātea ana ki roto o Kia Puāwai
If you’re passionate about making a lasting difference in our communities, this is the role for you. You’ll work with rangatahi and whānau who have a real desire to turn their lives around and break the cycle of intergenerational offending.
You’ll be part of a team delivering an exciting new programme called Functional Family Therapy – Cross Generations (FFT-CG). This programme is an international first that’s been specifically designed for rangatahi and whānau involved with the New Zealand justice system. It’s an adaptation of FFT Standard, an evidence-based model we’ve been successfully running in New Zealand for ten years.
As a Functional Family Therapist, you’ll work with rangatahi and whānau in their own homes using the FFT intervention model. You’ll have the unique opportunity to weave Māori and Pasifika cultural frameworks into your practice with ongoing support from our Kaumatua and others. You’ll also receive on-going training and clinical support to help you develop your professional practice and have access to 24/7 support from our senior leaders.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in psychology, psychotherapy, social work or counselling.
- Registered with your professional body (or able to be registered).
- Passionate about working with rangatahi in the context of their whānau.
- Culturally aware and willing to be a part of our bi-cultural journey. Competency in applying tikanga in your practice would be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Police, Corrections, Oranga Tamariki and other stakeholders.
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers.
- Prepared to work flexible hours to meet the needs of your clients.
- Have a full and clean New Zealand driver’s licence.
Youth Horizons Offers
- The opportunity to be part of a world-first programme adapted from FFT Standard, an evidence-based programme we’ve been running in New Zealand for ten years.
- A fast paced and challenging environment.
- Outstanding training and supervision, including cultural support and development.
- 24/7 support from senior leaders.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Fun loving family/whānau environment where diversity is embraced and celebrated.
- Competitive remuneration (including a vehicle) to match your skills and experience.
About Youth Horizons
Youth Horizons is a national NGO with sites across the country. We provide a continuum of specialised programmes for the prevention, treatment and management of emotional, mental health and development issues that may manifest in conduct problems and negatively impact life-long outcomes for infants, tamariki, rangatahi and whānau. We’re committed to offering services that are culturally-appropriate, with a strong focus on evidence-based, therapeutic programmes.
To find out more about Youth Horizons, visit www.youthorizons.org.nz