Functional Family Therapist – Manawatu
E ngā reo, e ngā mana, hūri noa I te motu, tēnā koutou katoa.
He tūranga tēnei e wātea ana ki roto o Kia Puāwai
Youth Horizons is looking for a Functional Family therapist to join our FFT Service covering the Manawatu, Whanganui, Horowhenua and Tararua region. Functional Family Therapy (FFT) is an evidence based approach to working with youth with significant conduct problems. The purpose of the Functional Family Therapist is to provide weekly family/whanau therapy sessions in the families own homes, using the FFT intervention model as trained by the model consultant.
We are seeking a professional who is enthusiastic about working as a family/whanau therapist with a caseload of youth who have serious mental health, emotional and/or behavioural problems and complex needs which warrant intervention to maintain ongoing stability in living arrangements. Through this model, we want to retain young people in their existing placement, maintain engagement (or re-engage) in education or training and improve social interaction skills. You will deliver the evidence based FFT model for families of children aged 10-17 years within the family’s home environment across the Manawatu, Horowhenua and Tararua region. Comprehensive training in this evidence based model will be provided to the successful candidates.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in psychology, psychotherapy, social work, or other related mental health field.
- Registered health professional under the HPCA Act or NZAC or Social Work registration.
- A background in behavioural therapy approaches.
- Experience in using motivational strategies, cognitive-behavioural strategies and strength based approaches with youth.
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Be culturally aware and willing to be a part of a bi-cultural journey.
- Have a full and clean New Zealand driver’s licence.
Youth Horizons Offers
- A fast paced and challenging environment.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Fun loving family/whanau environment.
- 24/7 senior leadership support.
- Competitive remuneration (including a vehicle) to match the skills and experience needed for this role.
About Youth Horizons
Youth Horizons is a specialised non-profit organisation providing therapeutic services for young people who have complex behaviour and/or mental health needs. Our innovative approach combines evidence-based models of practice along with a focus on our core values of Manaakitanga, Wairuatanga, Aroha and Whanaungatanga. Our national office is in Auckland and we have over 250 staff and caregivers supporting young people and their families and whanau across Northland, greater Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay, Lower North Island and Lower South Island.
To find out more about Youth Horizons, visit www.youthorizons.org.nz
Mēnā e ngākaunui ana koe ki tēnei mahi, whakapāmai mo ngētehi atu kōrero ki raro