Harmful Sexual Behaviour Specialist, South Island
Harmful Sexual Behaviour Specialist Wanted South Island based (part time contractor up to 8 hrs per week)
Project Restore is seeking professionally confident Harmful Sexual Behaviour Specialist’s to join our team. This position will service the South Island.
The position is a part time contractor position. This role will suit someone who is committed to our mission of restoring humanity, justice and dignity where sexual harm has occurred and breaking the wider cycles of harmful sexual behaviour and violence now and for future generations.
Project Restore NZ (PRNZ) is the specialist national provider of restorative justice for sexual harm cases in Aotearoa. We have a contract with the Ministry of Justice to deliver restorative justice processes within the Criminal Justice System and the Community as an alternative justice process.
This provides great potential for Survivor healing and recovery. We are implementing a long-term strategy which will grow our reach and impact, making this an exciting opportunity to have a very real, expanding and beneficial impact for Survivors.
About the Role
In this role you can truly make a difference. Working collaboratively with the Project Restore Team to provide support, information, assessment and direction to those that have caused the harm throughout the restorative justice process.
This will be achieved by:
1. Assisting with the intake assessment, preparation and ongoing risk and safety assessments.
2. Supporting the person who caused the harm throughout the pre-conference, conference and follow up phases to achieve the best outcomes and what they wish to convey at these meetings (to get this best possible result for the vicitim-survivor).
3. Developing effective professional relationships and extending our community profile so as to contribute to and enhance the success of PRNZ’s clinical services and of the organisation and its work.
4. In the process of conducting this work to promote and work towards a society that is free from sexual violence.
5. Provide short term interventions leading up to a restorative justice conference.
As a minimum you will have;
• NZQA approved qualification in the field of counselling, psychology or psychotherapy or law / conflict resolution or social work with at least four years’ experience.
• Current full member of a professional counselling, psychotherapy, social work or psychology body including a practicing certificate in relevant discipline e.g. counselling, psychotherapy, social work or psychotherapy.
• Ability to meet criteria and maintain Ministry of Justice restorative justice accreditation of Sexual Violence specialist – working with sexual offending cases – see this link –
• In-depth understanding of working with sexual behaviour treatment programmes and assessing offenders.
• Current driver’s license and ownership of legal vehicle available for work use.
• Able to travel (air and car) when required.
• Own computer capability and internet access at home
• Own phone with internet access
Be part of our committed team who are passionate about making a difference to the lives of many New Zealander’s.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter to our Core Services Manager, Justine Leef via firstname.lastname@example.org. A job description is available on request.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday the 21st June 2021.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible therefore, if a suitable applicant is found prior to the closing date we may close the advert off. If interested please apply as soon as possible.
Project Restore NZ
That Aotearoa New Zealand is free from cycles of sexual violence
We restore a sense of humanity, justice and dignity, when sexual harm has occurred. We believe that the experience of restorative interaction has the power to model compassionate behaviour which breaks wider cycles of sexual harm, hurt and violence now and for future generations.
We provide a “kiwi made” world class survivor centered Restorative Justice approach to “putting things right” where sexual harm has occurred.
Collaboration, Generosity, Kindness, Manaakitanga, Respect, Responsibility.
Visit www.projectrestore.nz for more information.