Kairaranga ā-Whānau, Care and Protection – Manawatu Site
Maranga Mai! Marewa Ake!
Kua whakaritengia e te Manatū Oranga Tamariki ki Tauranga Moana tēnei tūranga rangatira. Mēnā kei a koe ngā pukenga, me te ngākaunui mō ēnei momo mahi, me tukua mai tou tono inaianei tonu.
What you will do?
The wellbeing of tamariki is everyone’s responsibility. They deserve to feel safe have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau, hapu, Iwi and community.
We have an exciting new opportunity available at our Manawatu site for a full-time Kairaranga ā-whānau.
The purpose of this role is to promote and support tamariki and rangatahi to be well connected to their whānau, hapū and iwi along the continuum of whānau ora.
This vital role works in collaboration with Iwi, hapu whānau, Oranga Tamariki social workers and FGC coordinators to enable good decision making for the safety and wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi by identifying key people in the wider whānau, hapū and Iwi who will actively contribute to the decision making and be part of the plan.
Kairaranga ā-whānau have an important role in supporting Oranga Tamariki in meeting the requirements of section 7AA 2 (b) of the Oranga Tamariki Act.
What you will bring?
- Established relationships and networks with local iwi, marae and community
- A good understanding and knowledge of te reo me ona tikanga
- Sound knowledge of whānau ora and Kaupapa Maori frameworks
- Skills in whānau search and whakapapa research
- Leadership skills and the ability to be part of the site’s leadership team
- The ability to quickly build rapport with tamariki and rangatahi
- The ability to positively engage with whānau and confidently facilitate the hui ā-whānau process with a focus on plans that address the needs and issues of te tamaiti
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Ability to meet our pre-employment checks aligning with Children’s Act 2014
- A full, clean, current driver’s licence
If you want to make a real difference, have what it takes and are dedicated to achieving positive change for tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau, then we would be honoured to hear from you.
What’s on offer?
- A positive work environment where you get to directly make a difference to the lives of tamariki and rangatahi in their community
- Salary ranging from $63,884 – $89,662 (based on skills and experience)
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
- On-going training and regular supervision
Who are we?
Oranga Tamariki put tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of everything we do and focus on improving the wellbeing and positive long-term outcomes of children and young people. The voices of children and young people underpin the design and operation of our services.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jo Benson on email@example.com
Hurry as applications close on Friday, 29 January 2021