Key Worker – Transitional Housing – Auckland
A Mission for the 21st Century.
For nearly 100 years, Auckland City Mission has been at the forefront of shaping lives for the better. Today, we’re preparing for the most exciting mission in our history. Our goal is to provide an integrated continuum of care that addresses Hunger, and access to nutritious food for individuals and families; Health, and the ability to access the healthcare needed to live a healthy life; and Homelessness, to ensure that this is rare, brief and non-recurring.
Our exciting new initiatives are anchored in international best practice and are informed by close to a century of local service delivery. Offering pragmatic, hands-on services and support to help those who need it most, we’re embarking on a powerful 21st century way of solving age-old problems. If you are looking to make a difference, come join our Mission.
Tika kit e Whai Whare Rawaka. “Everyone has the right to live in security, peace and dignity”.
Our Key Workers work alongside vulnerable adults assessing, planning and supporting the journey to permanent housing, long-term well-being and strong positive community connections. As part of a supportive team, client progress is at the forefront of everything we do and this includes working together with internal support workers and external agencies to help clients meet the goals of their care plans in a positive and respectful manner.
What you will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Mental Health, Addiction or related. ANZASW registration preferred.
- Experience working alongside vulnerable adults with complex issues.
- Knowledge of and connection across social services agencies and health services.
- Effective planning and organisation skills with strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work within a tight knit team, delegate and manage a shift.
- Practical experience within residential service delivery and well-established professional practice.
- Demonstrated listening and rapport building skills with a non-judgmental approach.
James Liston Community has the capacity for 50 adults and is a transitional housing facility. As this is a 24/7 residential service, hours of work vary across our roster.
The Auckland City Mission is one of the largest social service providers in the sector offering broad career opportunities in a supportive environment. Social workers receive monthly external supervision and opportunities for skill development.
If you are interested in social change and in making a difference, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with a cover letter and CV.