Lives Worth Living Coordinator/Facilitator, Ashburton
Suicide Prevention Focus
Safer Ashburton, with the support of a range of community funders, is embarking on a new initiative to enhance wellness and resilience across our district.
We are looking for a person to lead an ‘all of community’ approach to wellness and to facilitate activities that reduce the risk and impact of suicide in our community. We see this as a critical role that has the potential to make a real difference by enhancing the already excellent work other agencies and groups are doing in our community. Your first task will be to plan and implement how this is going to work for ‘us’.
Key elements of the role include: strategic planning; inter-agency working & collaborating; project planning and delivery; group facilitation, training, awareness and communications.
Ideally the candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of and be passionate about; community well-being / suicide prevention
- Degree level qualification or higher in an appropriate field
- Three years’ or more clinical experience in the field of wellness and mental health
- An ability to work effectively with stakeholders and community groups and having an awareness of IWI/Māori and other cultural groups
- Experience in strategic planning and community development
- Experience in the areas of leadership, facilitation and project development
This is a permanent full time position with some flexibility required around when the hours will be worked. In return we offer a supportive and flexible family friendly work environment.
Due to the nature of this role we would like the successful candidate to live in the Ashburton District. The Ashburton District is a fantastic place to live, bountiful employment opportunities, great schools, an amazing outdoors, from Lake Hood to Mt Hutt, outstanding facilities, affordable housing and only an hour from a major city.
If this sounds like you and you’re passionate about making a difference then we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position please request an application pack from Beccy Warwick by emailing email@example.com or call 03 659 0377.
Applications close Friday the 19th of July