Manager – Social Work and Psychology, Waikato
Job Number: WAI11556
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital – Allied Health
The details: Permanent – 40 hours per week (1 FTE)
Would you like to lead a dynamic team serving our patients and whānau across the Waikato DHB?
About the role:
The Allied Health team has a role available, leading the social work and psychology teams across the DHB. Our services cover the Waikato Hospital, Child Development Centre, Older Persons Rehabilitation, and Community Services, making this role incredibly important to the wellbeing of our communities.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead a diverse team of health professionals to achieve our organisational strategic goals.
- Provide managerial oversight of the team, including people management, budgeting, reporting, and risk management.
- Collaborate with other professions, departments, organisations, and sectors to improve our services and provide the best possible care for patients and their whānau.
Required skills & experience:
- A passion for wellbeing and experience working in the health sector.
- Strong leadership and management skills, ideally with management experience covering multiple clinical and service areas.
- robust skills in human resources, financial management, service quality risk and operational management.
- Expertise in building relationships, especially with senior health professionals.
- A post graduate qualification in management or a health discipline is strongly preferred.
- A current New Zealand driver’s licence.
The Waikato District Health Board is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We value our people and we are committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our population. To do this, we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Māori communities.
Waikato is the fourth largest region in New Zealand and located just south of Auckland. It features a wide range of world-class outdoor and cultural experiences. You can surf the world-famous beaches of Raglan, swim at the beautiful beaches of the Coromandel, hike our majestic mountain ranges, tour the Hobbiton shire, experience the magic of the Waitomo glowworm caves, and encounter a vast array of flora and fauna at the remarkable Maungatautari Ecological Reserve.
Learn more about living in the mighty Waikato here>>
Please apply directly through the WaikatoDHB website>>
To review the position description click here>>
Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Taylor Spence in the Recruitment Team on Taylor.Spence@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 16 October 2019
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect – Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga