Practice Leader, Oranga Tamariki, Hamilton
Are you an inspirational leader who is passionate about improving the outcomes for tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? We have an exciting opportunity available to lead practice in a permanent full-time role at our Hamilton site, Waikato.
What you will do?
We are a site which is continually looking for innovative ways to shape our practice and provide opportunities for growth and learning. We are looking for a practice extraordinaire to champion social work practice across the site. You will coach, develop, mentor and supervise social work staff to help our tamariki, rangatahi and whānau.
What you will bring?
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- A full, clean, current driver’s licence
- Expert experience in managing complex practice and casework
- The ability to work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and experience of what Oranga Tamariki does and how we work
- Resilience, initiative and a proactive approach
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Sound judgement, time management and organisational skills
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
- Cultural awareness and confidence to back yourself
- Flexibility with ability to adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Knowledge of Te Reo would be a plus
- A positive outlook and supporting nature
- Ability to work with the Site Manager to provide strategic vision, goals and guidance to the site
What’s on offer?
- A competitive market salary
- A team who enjoy working hard and having fun
- Support to achieve your goals through tailored training and career development opportunities
- Reimbursement for your annual practising fee
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard, and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications close on Wednesday, 21 October 2020.
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/practice-leader-pd-160518.pdf