Practice Leader – Oranga Tamariki, Invercargill
Practice Leader – Permanent
- Salary range of $80,054 – $108,305
- Enjoy a rewarding role in a supportive environment
- Help contribute to creating positive outcomes for children
Are you a strong practitioner who is passionate in protecting, supporting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangitahi? If you are, we would like to hear from you!
We are currently seeking for a Practice Leader to join our Invercargill Site, a team where relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.
This role will see you investing in evidence-based interventions to make a difference to our tamariki and rangitahi. You will have the opportunity to establish and develop new site initiatives to support our frontline Social Workers.
You will bring your well-developed leadership and organisational skills. You will play a part in influencing our Social Workers and Supervisors where you will execute training, strategies, plans and tools to strengthen practices. Having a highly tuned and achievement focused approach will be an advantage in this role. You will also be responsible for leading quality practices and activities by supporting our Social Workers and Supervisors with the utmost integrity.
You will work holistically to enhance the level of practice excellence across the region and Oranga Tamariki to create better outcomes for our tamariki and rangatahi.
The key attributes you must have are the following:
- Expert level knowledge in managing complex practice and casework
- Proven experience in child protection
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and cultural practice frameworks
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Full registration with the New Zealand Social Workers Registration Board and a current annual practising certificate
In return we can offer:
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated, passionate and supportive team
How to apply?
Please include a copy of your updated CV and covering letter, a copy of your Social Work qualification and registration details.
If you are an internal employee of Oranga Tamariki, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any other further questions regarding this role, please contact Andrew Louis at email@example.com
Application closes Thursday, 29 October 2020.