Pūkenga Whānau Ora – Senior Family Health Practitioner / Registered Social Worker, Dunedin
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive person with an understanding of Whānau Ora to take a lead role in the delivery of an important service for whaiora and their whānau who access Moana House programmes. A key goal is to guide and encourage whaiora and whānau in their plans to achieve well-being.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Working with whaiora who are accessing or who wish to access Moana House programmes. NB The residential programme is a male only programme; Continuing Care (Community Based) is mixed.
- Undertaking whānau assessments (may be face to face, per phone, or Skype).
- Active participation in goal planning and reviews with the whaiora.
- Active participation in integrated case management.
- Leading a small whānau ora team where cultural competence at a high level is a key.
Applicants must have:
- Social Work Qualifications and significant work experience in Social Work with a special interest in AOD and Mental Health (known as CEP or Te Ariari O Te Oranga).
- SWRB registered or eligible for registration with a potential pathway to DAPAANZ Registration (latter preferred).
- Ability to manage and mitigate risk.
- Knowledge of dynamics of domestic violence.
- Capacity to uphold a Te Ao Maori understanding of whānau relationships and importance of these to well-being of whaiora and whānau.
- Has facilitation experience.
- Has experience in assessment and goal setting.
- Has experience and knowledge of Tikanga Māori and Whakapapa.
- Has experience and/or willingness to develop competency in relation to Pasifika.
- Competency in networking with external providers and organisations.
- A full and clean drivers’ license.
- Experience of working within a Kaupapa Māori environment is preferred.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For an application pack and job description please contact:
Sarah Campbell, Clinical Administrator, email@example.com.
Applications close Midnight Thursday April 9th 2020.