Registered Social Worker, Wellington Region
- Leading Rehabilitation Provider
- Porirua Location
- Personal and Professional Development
ABI Rehabilitation is the lead provider of intensive in-patient brain injury rehabilitation in New Zealand, serving 15 of the 20 DHBs. We are the only provider in Australasia to have attained CARF Accreditation, an international gold standard for person-centred quality rehabilitation.
We have a full-time position available immediately for a qualified Social Worker registered with Social Worker’s Registration Board to join our join our progressive, experienced, supportive, and passionate inter-professional team in the intensive service. The applicant must have:
- Comprehensive Social Work knowledge and appropriate clinical experience
- The ability to relate positively and communicate with a wide range of people
- Work within an inter-professional team
- Strength-based practice principles
- Experience in managing the complex psycho-social needs of patients and whanau within the health setting
- A demonstrated track record of teamwork to provide specialist social work services to clients presenting with acquired brain injury
- Experience in A&D or mental health experience preferred
- Current annual practicing certificate (APC)
- Current full New Zealand driver’s licence
The case load is varied and key areas include delivery of effective social work interventions to clients in the intensive in-patient rehabilitation setting, completion of practical social work tasks to enhance client rehabilitation, family/client counseling support and liaison, the running of relevant therapy in-patient groups, and participation in ongoing training and development of our staff.
We can offer you excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and a dynamic team environment. Regular supervision and in-service training will be provided. Applicants must have a minimum of two years social work experience. Post graduate or masters work equivalent preferred but not essential.
For further enquiries please contact Amado Torres (Rehabilitation Services Manager):
- (04) 237 0128 | 021 371 724 |Amado.Torres@abi-rehab.co.nz
To apply, please send CV and click on attachment:
Closing date: 6 May 2021
or send covering letter and CV to HR@abi-rehab.co.nz