Job Ref: 32448
Our belief is, with the right environment and the right people surrounding and nurturing our tamariki and rangatahi, we will be able to support our children and young people to reach their best potential.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Advisor to join our Dunedin site. This role will see you support and help drive and deliver across our social services. You will also be part of an organisation who is committed to making a positive difference for our Tamariki.
If you are looking for a lifestyle that provide the perfect balance between laid back community living and beautiful outdoors, this role has it all. You will get to enjoy the southern hospitality, amazing scenery, incomparable outdoor and cultural pursuits.
In this role, you will be providing support and advice to the Regional manager across a range of activities that occur both within the Oranga Tamariki sites and the surrounding communities.
You will be involved in provisioning and helping to enhance the delivery of Social Work services to tamariki and their whānau. You will also be supporting our Senior Leaders in programmes analysis to continue delivering within our model and strive for continuous improvement.
Of critical importance will be your involvement with independent analysis of casework, reviewing and advising on service delivery performance, as well as developing and implementing new initiatives in conjunction with the Regional Manager.
Key attributes ot be successful in this role include:
- Providing high quality advice to help make informed decision to senior managers
- The ability to identify trends and recommend initiatives and improvements to processes and systems that enable senior staff across the region deliver high quality services to Tamariki and whanau.
- Act as a point of contact while providing oversight and quality assurance for complaints, ministerial, office correspondence and serious events for the Regional Manager
- Engage with our key stakeholders within the Upper South communities
- The ability to build key strategic relationship with our partners within the community while making connections between various aspects of the Ministry
- Well established written and verbal communication skills
- A pragmatic and solutions-focussed approach
To be successful you must:
- Be registered with the Social Work Registration Board
- Have extensive Social Work experience and practice knowledge
- Be able to evidence strong leadership or advisory expertise
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- Have a full clean current driver’s licence.
How to apply:
Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system.
Please note all applications must be made online.
If you have any questions, please contact Christine McKenna on email@example.com
Applications closes Friday 27th March 2020