Senior Social Worker in Schools, Porirua
Family Works is one of the largest NGOs providing integrated social services for the whole community. Family Works provides a range of services to families and communities including needs assessments, social work, counselling and therapy and a range of life-skills and parenting courses.
Social Workers in Schools is an early intervention and preventative social work service based in the school environment. We are looking for a social worker with experience and interest in working with a diverse range of cultures. A key part of the role requires experience and skills in developing group work and facilitating a range of needs based preventative programmes.
About the Role
This is a fixed term position to cover maternity leave, based in Porirua. It involves the provision of Social Work, group work and related services to individuals, adults, adolescents, couples, families and Whānau.
Working with two schools in the community, you will work closely with the Principals to ensure that all children are safe, happy and healthy. As the Senior SWIS, you will also support the Team Leader in their role to ensure Family Works services are provided effectively.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop relationships with children and their families based on the principles of strength-based practice
- Develop and manage a service delivery plan in partnership with child/whānau, and other appropriate agencies
- Develop, facilitate, and/or co-ordinate preventative programmes within schools and communities to meet identified needs
- Working with school staff to achieve the aims of the intervention
- Responsible for reporting to the team leader
- Collecting and entering data for reporting requirements
You will be an empathetic person with a passion for helping children and whānau. Your approach to your work will be with kindness, logic and above all, the drive to do right by the child.
You will also:
- Have at least 5 years experience in Social Work.
- Be a qualified and registered Social Worker (SWRB registered or eligible for registration).
- Be responsible for training, and mentoring new staff members and shadowing each others work.
- Mentor, support and supervise student social workers.
- Step up to support the Team Leader during busy periods of work.
How to Apply
If you would like further information, please contact Robern Austin on 029 771 3441 or get in touch at email@example.com
Only those with the legal right to work in NZ may apply.
Candidates should expect to undergo police vetting for these roles and Family Works may need to contact our key stakeholders such as Ministry of Social Development or Ministry of Justice to ensure that there is no conflict of interest between the candidate and the organisation.
To view job description and to apply: Click here>>
Applications close: Sunday 5 July 2020