Senior Social Worker – Taitamariki
Are you a Social Worker looking for your next challenging role?
Who Are We – Ko wai mātou
Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust has been serving the West Auckland community for over 35 years. One of the largest NGOs in New Zealand, with over 200 staff, with continued growth and expansion.
About the role – He kōrero whakamārama mō tēnei tūranga
We are looking for a Senior Social Worker – Taitamariki. A senior social worker with a special ability to connect and develop meaningful relationships with tamariki and their whānau who have been referred to our Taitamariki Substance Misuse Service.
This is a youth focused/whanau inclusive service aimed at complimenting existing services in West Auckland. The service provides support, information and an advice programme for taitamariki who are either at increased risk of developing substance misuse problems or those with early stage experimental use of substances and whose parent/s has a substance abuse problem and/or mental illness.
The service is aimed at young people aged 10 – 13 years. As the Senior Social Worker you will contribute to the ongoing development, design and implementation of the Taitamariki Substance Misuse Service.
What you will bring – Nga tohungatanga o tēnei tūranga
- Previous experience working with young Māori (Taitamariki) and their whānau
- Bachelor degree focusing in youth work
- Your Social Workers Registration with Annual Practising Certificate
- Preferred to have experience in HEeADSSS & SACS, but full training can be provided
- Proven knowledge around safe practice, ethical boundaries and accountability
- Have the ability to improve cultural identity and connectedness for Taitamariki and their whānau
- A commitment to Te Reo me ngā Tikanga Māori
- Knowledge of community groups and services within the Waitākere region
- Have a sound knowledge of the community and other key agencies
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- A full clean New Zealand driver’s licence
- Ability to speak Te Reo Māori is advantageous
The good things about this organisation – Ngā painga o tēnei whare
We can offer an awesome team and working culture in modern premises in the heart of West Auckland Henderson township. Just a 2 minute walk from rail/bus transport hub and large-scale malls, stores and eateries. We provide 5 weeks annual leave, 4% Kiwisaver Employer contributions, promote work life balance and are committed to providing ongoing professional development.
If you have the right skills, experience and a passion to make a change – please review the JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLY today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid work visa.