Social Worker – Acute Response Team and Whare Whakaue, Rotorua
Social Worker – Acute Response Team and Whare Whakaue (Acute inpatient service)
Permanent – 40 hrs per week (Monday to Friday)
Vacancy No: ROT01294
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified health social worker to join our Acute Response and Inpatient Team in the area of our Mental Health & Addictions Service.
To apply you will need the following competencies:
- Degree or Masters in Social Work
New Zealand Social Work Registration & Current APC
- Sound psycho-social assessment and intervention skills
- intimate partner violence screening, assessment and intervention skills
- child protection and vulnerable adult assessment and intervention skills
- individual and family counselling experience
- therapeutic social work
- a commitment to bicultural practice
- knowledge of the emotional and social impacts of changing health status.
- experience in service development from a social worker perspective
- ability to navigate access to a wide variety of community resources and support services
- case management skills
The preferred applicant will have ability to work within the multi-disciplinary team environment, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to prioritize an acute changing workload, set and meet objectives in the acute health environment.
Closing Date: 18 June 2021
To apply, please visit our website http://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz