Social Worker – Auckland
Are you an experienced Social Worker with a full clean driver’s licence? Are you passionate about working with families to bring change? Have you always wanted to make a difference?
If this is you, we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for your next role.
Monte Cecilia Housing Trust has been advocating for and working with homeless families for over 30 years. We are a small team, dedicated to supporting families to achieve sustainable housing through our emergency, transitional & longer term housing with wrap around social services. A great place to work, we are strong advocates for training and development and value people within our team.
We are looking for a social worker who is passionate about family/whānau, community well-being, and wants to be part of creating better outcomes for those who are marginalized and homeless. This is a full time position to support families who have moved into our emergency houses, to find appropriate housing solutions and community homes and to work on established goals that will help them move towards achieving their goals and aspirations. This role does involve travel out in the community.
Ability to demonstrate the following skills and attributes is a must:
- Evidence of excellent people and communication skills,
- Ability to set clear boundaries.
- Proven ability in using data systems.
- Proven ability to self-manage and be highly accountable.
- Evidence of dealing with child safety, domestic violence, addiction, mental health, probation and homelessness.
- Previous experience of working with Māori, Pacific Island and new immigrants with a clear commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Competent and proven crisis and risk management skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, team, and external agencies.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
Preferable but not essential:
- A Social Work Qualification
- At least 3 years of social work experience.
- The ability to speak either Tongan or Samoan.
Closing Date: 31 July 2019