Social Worker, Care and Protection, Hamilton City
- Make a difference for children, families and communities
- Empower children and young people to achieve their full potential
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children we’re on a journey to ensure that all tamariki belong and are part of loving whānau and their communities. Oranga Tamariki is leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for Māori as well as other cultures.
As a Social Worker, you will have an opportunity to change the lives of our young people and their whānau, helping them to achieve to their full potential. Using the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment frameworks; you will work hard to get quality outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
A big part of your day will be:
- Meeting with children and young people and ensuring their voices are heard.
- Completing assessments and creating plans.
- Participating in family group conferences.
- Partnering with other agencies and the community to find the best outcomes for everyone.
We can offer:
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career.
- A salary range between $54,746.80 – $91,606.
- On-going support and career development.
- Discounts on Southern Cross Health Insurance.
- Access to a government banking package with Westpac – special offers and rates.
What we are looking for from you is:
- A social work qualification that is recognised by the SWRB or have full SWRB registration and a current APC.
- The ability to listen – hear what the tamariki or young person has to say.
- Cultural awareness and understanding.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Resilience, motivation and be self-driven.
- Flexibility to work an after-hours duty roster.
- Strong computer literacy.
- A full, clean and valid New Zealand driver’s licence.
Applications close: 31 January 2019.
How to apply:
Please apply using the “apply now” button. Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
Current Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure your myHR employee profile is recognised as ‘internal’.
To apply click here>>
or follow this link: https://jobs.msd.govt.nz/job/Waikato-Social-Worker/528651900/
For any further discussion about the role contact Rachel Bromley on firstname.lastname@example.org