Social Worker Care and Protection – Oranga Tamariki, Hawera
Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki – Permanent
Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, currently have an opportunity for a Social Worker to join our creative and innovative team in Hawera Site a team where relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through application of our established practice model: You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal.
If this sounds like you, please click apply!
Key attributes to be considered will include the following:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- To demonstrate resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- To uphold the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- To have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver’s licence
What we are offering:
- A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
- Support in professional development
- Be part of a positive and supportive team who are dedicated
- To work in a fascinating and rewarding career
How to apply?
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal.
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our tracking system.
If you have any other further questions about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at email@example.com
Application closes Friday, 23 October 2020.