Social Worker, Care & Protection – Tauranga
Permanent/Fixed Term Contracts Available
Job ID: 31575
Do you want to make a difference to New Zealand’s tamariki, rangatahi, their whānau and the community? Join a great, supportive and fun team and empower children and young people in our Tauranga West site. We have 1 permanent and 2 fixed term contracts opportunities available.
What you will do?
• Change the lives of our young people and their whānau, helping them to achieve to their full potential
• Use the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment frameworks
• Meeting with children and young people and ensuring their voices are heard
• Completing assessments and creating plans
• Participating in Family Group Conferences
• Partnering with other agencies and the community to find the best outcomes for everyone
What you will bring?
• Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• The ability to listen – hear what the child or young person has to say
• Cultural awareness and understanding
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Resilience, motivation and be self-driven
• Flexibility to work an after-hours duty roster
• Strong computer literacy
• A full, clean and valid New Zealand driver’s licence
What’s on offer?
• A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
• A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
• Regular, training and career development opportunities
• Discounts on Southern Cross Health Insurance
• Access to a government banking package with Westpac – special offers and rates
• Flexible work opportunities
• A team who are passionate in what they do
• Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
• Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
• Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
• Support in learning Te Reo
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
Our Tauranga West site is a high performing site built upon a platform of solid team work and quality practice. We work together to make sure the safety of our tamariki and rangatahi is paramount. Having a healthy competitive nature, we get involved in what is happening in the world, whether its flags in our pods for the rugby world cup or us celebrating Matariki – we are doing something fun and exciting about it.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. This role is only open to Oranga Tamariki employees; please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications close on Monday, 27 January 2020.