Social Worker, Central Otago – Queenstown Lakes
We are currently seeking a Social Worker to join our small team in the Central Otago/Queenstown Lakes area. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with whānau; facilitating change that supports children to be raised in secure and nurturing environments.
The position is 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
About Anglican Family Care
We have been providing social services in Otago for over forty years, working with children and their whānau.
- We provide an intensive home-based social work service that develops the strengths of whānau and supports them to address the challenges they might be facing
- The safety and wellbeing of children are our priority
- We offer challenging but rewarding work
- We are a supportive team
- We offer ongoing professional development, support and supervision
The ideal candidate will need to have:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work that meets SWRB Registration
- Knowledge of parenting and child development and the ability to take a whole of family approach
- An understanding of Care and Protection principles and the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989
- Good knowledge of community resources, an understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and be able to work with diverse cultures
- Experience working with whānau who need support with complex and often stressful situations
- Sound computer and database skills
- Current driver licence
For the position description visit our website www.anglicanfamilycare.org.nz/work.
Salary Range between $45,301 – $58,997 (commensurate with skills and experience).
If this sounds like you, apply via SEEK with your cover letter and CV outlining why you are the person for the role.
Applications close 1pm on Tuesday, 2 June 2020.