Social Worker, Community Liaison, West Auckland
Hospice West Auckland – Poi Team
- West Auckland based 0.6 – 0.7 FTE
- Community engagement, liaison and education provision
- Support from a multidisciplinary team of specialist palliative
- Free on-street parking
For over 30 years Hospice West Auckland (HWA) has been providing specialist palliative care services to the community of West Auckland. Our services continue to grow and evolve and we are currently seeking an NZ registered Social Worker who is looking for a position which allows them to broaden their skills in a new direction.
This liaison Social Worker role provides a vital link with our community to support, educate and build palliative care workforce capability. In this position you will build relationships and contribute to and deliver a range of educational programmes and initiatives for primary care, aged residential care and other health providers, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team.
To be successful in this position you will:
- Be an outstanding communicator – able to build strong working
relationships at all levels.
- Have previous experience in coaching and mentoring with experience
(or the willingness to develop skills) in the facilitation of group training
- Be an NZ registered Social Worker – some experience with palliative
patients is helpful, but not essential
- Be a passionate and professional ambassador for HWA and its
- Able to work autonomously while never losing sight of the big picture
Have knowledge of community-based services, preferably including
experience in a multi-cultural and diverse socio-economic area
This position will enable you to broaden your skills into a vital communication, coaching and liaison role. Part-time 0.6 or 0.7 FTE. Your ability to promote, develop and deliver our services will make a vital contribution to palliative care services in West Auckland.
For more information about the position and to discuss the role, please contact Trish on 021 774 965.
To apply for this job go to:
Current-Opportunities & enter ref code: 5125661.
Applications close 29 July 2020