Social Worker, Community Liaison, West Auckland
- West Auckland based
- Full or part-time hours considered
- Community engagement, liaison and education
- Supporting the development of palliative care professionals
For over 30 years Hospice West Auckland (HWA) has been providing specialist palliative care services to the community of West Auckland. As our services continue to grow and evolve, we are currently seeking a NZ registered Social Worker who is looking for a position which allows them to broaden their skills in a new direction.
This liaison Social Worker role provides a vital link with our community to support, educate and build palliative care workforce capability. In this position you will build relationships and contribute to and develop a range of educational programmes and initiatives
for primary care, aged residential care and other health providers, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team.
To be successful in this position you will:
- Be an outstanding communicator – able to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Have previous experience in coaching and mentoring with experience (or the willingness to develop skills) in the facilitation of group training sessions
- Be a NZ registered Social Worker – some experience with palliative patients is helpful, but not essential
- Be a passionate and professional ambassador for HWA and its services
- Able to work autonomously while never losing sight of the big picture
- Have a knowledge of community based services, preferably including experience in a multi-cultural and diverse socio economic area
This position will enable you to broaden your skills into a vital communication, coaching and liaison role. For the right person – full or part time hours will be considered. Your ability to promote, develop and deliver our services will make a vital contribution to
palliative care services in West Auckland.
If this position is of interest to you, please apply by sending us your CV, with a covering letter stating why you are interested in working with Hospice West Auckland and how your skills and experience fit the position we are offering.
Closing date: 8 February 2019
To discuss further information about the position, please contact Trish by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
https://hospicewestauckland.recruitmenthub.co.nz and enter
ref code: 4517741.
Applications close 08 February 2019