Social Worker, Dunedin
- Social Worker
- 37.5 hours per week
- Working with new parents in a group setting and individually
- Great team environment
About Catholic Social Services
Catholic Social Services has been making a difference helping people by working together to live life well for over 50 years. As a faith-based not-for-profit agency, we offer a range of Social Services including low cost counselling, social work, community support and parenting education groups to meet the needs of our communities in Dunedin and Central Otago.
We are inviting applications for a social worker to fill a vacancy to join our multi-disciplinary team in the Dunedin office.
About the role
The role involves working with our young mums new to the parenting journey and supporting them in making the best start for their babies and young children.
This work includes providing individual social work support and education for the family and engagement in both Birth Support Group, an antenatal group for whole term of the pregnancy, and ABC play group for mums with their babies to toddlers.
This is a dynamic opportunity to walk alongside families/whanau at a very important time in their life and make a difference.
Skills & experience
- Passion and vision
- Knowledge of parenting and child development
- An understanding of Care and Protection principles and the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989
- Good knowledge of community resources and an ability to develop networks, particularly in the Maori and Pacific Island communities
- Trauma informed practice and experience working with whānau who need support with complex and often stressful situations
- Experience working with youth and young parents
- Experience in group settings
- Competent with computer use
- Current driver licence
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work and SWRB Registration
To apply or for more information contact
To apply, please send a cover letter and copy of your CV
PO Box 204742
Applications close on Friday, 27 March 2020