Social Worker – Family Harm Focus, Whanganui
Join our Whanganui site and carry out meaningful work, making a difference to the lives of tamariki and their whanau. In this role you will be part of a supportive team who work closely together and who are passionate about supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi. Excellent benefits, training and support available.
- Flexible working
- On-going coaching, support, and professional development
- 25 days annual leave
- Wellness benefits
- Support in learning Te Reo
- Competitive salary up to $102,000
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, currently have opportunities for Social Workers focusing on Family Harm to join our Whanganui Site. Family Harm Social Workers are responsible for assessing family harm and, in conjunction with interagency partners, planning and implementing interventions that contribute to the safety and well-being of families.
This position is required to coordinate our response and to, facilitate, lead, guide and support our work with our partners to reduce family harm. You will be working closely with out partner agencies to ensure the safety and best interests of children and young people are at the centre of what we do.
The Family Harm Social Workers are also responsible for ensuring safe and sound decision-making occurs in respect of children and young people, utilising their knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of family violence, especially the impact of family harm to inform decision-making
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration (or able to apply) with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver’s licence
What we are offering:
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki’s remuneration range, between $56,100 – $102,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac
- Excellent benefits
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible working options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
For an informal chat around whether Oranga Tamariki and Whanganui is right for you. Please contact Kerrie-Anne Housely at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
How to apply
Apply online with your CV and cover letter.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close Thursday, 15 April 2021.