Social Worker (Family/Whānau Worker), Ōtautahi – Christchurch
Pillars is looking for an additional outstanding social worker, who will work alongside our client families and whānau who have a family member in prison or serving a custodial sentence. The work is both challenging and rewarding. It is carried out in a collaborative and supportive working environment. The successful applicant will have access to ongoing training, supervision, and support.
Applications are invited from experienced social workers with a social work qualification. The successful applicant must be registered. A current full NZ drivers licence is essential.
Competencies required include:
- A proven ability to use a strengths-based approach to working with a diverse range of people.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to empower individuals to get through a difficult life transition by educating, encouraging, supporting, motivating, challenging, and advocating on their behalf.
- The ability to assist families address any social issues such as housing, finances, employment, and family violence
- Assistance with services such as Housing New Zealand, Work and Income and Oranga Tamariki.
- Support families to address any personal issues such as drug and alcohol dependence, parenting, grief, and trauma.
- Ideally have experience working alongside children, young people, and their parents.
- Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and an ability to work in a bicultural setting.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with community support networks in the wider Christchurch area.
- The ability to work autonomously and in a team of creative, forward thinking social workers and mentoring coordinators.
- An ability to forge close working relationships with relevant statutory agencies and NGO’s.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Connect and work respectfully with vulnerable tamariki/children and families/whānau, from all walks of life, with whānau in prison or on probation.
- Use your initiative and be self-motivated.
- Use a case management software package and fulfil Pillars reporting requirements.
Salary range depending on qualifications and experience $61,000 to $70,000 plus a car.
Applications are invited from social workers. Please email email@example.com with your current CV and cover letter, or for more information.
Pillars has been providing services to individuals and families affected by imprisonment for more than 30 years.
Find out more about Pillars by visiting our website www.pillars.org.nz
Applications close at 5.00pm Friday 21 May 2021