Social Worker, Hawke’s Bay
32 hours a week – Hawke’s Bay
“Supporting Whānau, Caring for Tamariki”
The Open Home Foundation (OHF) is currently seeking a permanent part-time Social Worker to join our Hawkes Bay Service Centre.
OHF is committed to mobilising the mainstream Christian community to serve Tamariki and Whānau in Aotearoa New Zealand. We are looking for a Social Worker who shares this passion. OHF provides training and development options for this challenging and rewarding position.
The successful applicant will have:
- Registration with SWRB or in process of registering
- An ability to work closely with tamariki, rangatahi, whānau and the community
- Flexibility to work an after-hours duty roster
- Strong computer literacy, communication & relationship management skills
- Preferable to have knowledge and experience in Care and Protection Social Work
- Good knowledge of The Oranga Tamariki Act 1989 and its Family Court processes
- An understanding of how the role recognises the special relationship between Māori and Tauiwi
For more information or an application pack please contact:
Open Home Foundation
Applications close: 10 July 2020