Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, Hawke’s Bay,
We offer a vibrant and supportive team and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
- On-going coaching, support, and professional development
- Enhanced annual leave
- Wellness benefits
- Support in learning Te Reo
- Competitive salary up to $102,000
Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can and should flourish.
Why Oranga Tamariki is a great place to work
We are proud to have a negative Gender Pay Gap average and have a workforce that is 74.9% female (2020).
Take a look at our new ways of working here: https://www.orangatamariki.govt.nz/about-us/how-we-work/new-ways-of-working/
Here’s why some of our staff love working for OT:
- “I enjoy what Oranga Tamariki stand for, Tika and Pono is important to me”
- “It’s about respect, being in our community both Maori and Pakeha”
- “I like being able to have a discussion with peers and Supervisors and being open to talk about difficulties and how to improve practice”
- “I thrive on having open conversations, trust in my colleagues, sharing ideas and knowing what my role is and the expectations of my role”
- “I like the fact that we work together with community groups and we can bring ideas to the table”
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration (or able to apply) with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver’s licence
What we are offering:
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki’s remuneration range, between $56,100 – $102,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac
- Excellent benefits: https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
For an informal chat around whether Oranga Tamariki and Tararua/Central Hawke’s Bay right for you. Please contact Sandra McCleary at Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
How to apply
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on Friday, 25 June 2021.