Social Worker, Hawke’s Bay Region
Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki – Hawkes Bay Region
Our belief is, with the right environment and the right people surrounding and nurturing our tamariki and rangatahi, we will be able to support our tamariki and rangatahi to reach their best potential.
We are currently seeking a passionate and motivated Social Work practitioner to join our Hawke’s Bay team. You will be part of a diverse team and will be working alongside practitioners from all walks of life who brings a wide range of knowledge and life experiences.
Do you enjoy challenges? Do you want to work in an interesting and rewarding career? If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
With a focus on working in a positive partnership with other agencies and community, you will be bringing a strong customer centric focus and core relationship building skills. You will also be enhancing your soft skills through listening. You will be developing and delivering effective planning to support out tamariki and rangatahi to ensure their voices are heard.
Utilising the latest strength-based practice tools and assessment framework will be one of your main motivation. This will support and facilitate you in making positive changes in the lives of our young people and families in our community.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to will include:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board or able to register
- To demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Well-developed communication skills both written and oral
- Good time management and organisational skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand’s drivers’ licence
What we are offering:
- A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Unique staff benefits which include discounted rates on Southern Cross Health Insurance
- To work along a cohesive and supportive team environment
- On-going professional development
If you are looking for a lifestyle that provide the perfect balance between laid-back community living and beautiful outdoors, Hawkes Bay will be the place for you!!!!
How to apply?
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our tracking systeIf you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate
If you have any other further questions about the role, please contact Kellie Blyth at email@example.com
Application closes 27 March 2020