Social Worker – Hawke’s Bay
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
Are you a Social worker who is motivated, creative and has the ability to adapt to change? The Child Development Service is looking for an experienced Social Worker who would enjoy the challenges of working with tamariki and their families across Hawke’s Bay.
The Child Development Service is a supportive, multi-disciplinary team who provide services throughout Hawke’s Bay for children living with disability aged from birth to sixteen years. This position offers variety, challenges and learning experiences within the paediatric field.
The essential requirements for this position are:
- NZ Registered Social Worker with current annual practicing certificate ( APC) .
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree ( or higher ) recognised by New Zealand Social Work Registration Board.
- excellent communication skills
- experience working with children, young people and their whanau
- thorough knowledge of the health and social issues that vulnerable children and their family’s experience
Ideally you would have worked in primary health care and/or school settings and have experience supporting families to access health and social services . Strong communication skills, a commitment to positive child development and an excellent understanding and commitment of the Treaty of Waitangi are essential.
The successful applicant will:
- have the opportunity to negotiate their hours
- have continued and ongoing professional development opportunities
- work in a collaborative and supportive environment
Full orientation will be given and supervision provided.
Please contact Val White for further information 06 878 8109 ext 5857
For a position profile, please click here>>
Applications Close: Tuesday 4 June
The Values of the Hawke’s Bay health sector are:
He kauanuanu – Respect
Ākina – Improvement
Rāranga te tira – Teamwork
Tauwhiro – Care