Social Worker, Hawke’s Bay
Stand Children’s Services Tu Maia Whānau vision is ‘A World Strong with Children’. We work to transform the lives of children and young people. Our nationwide organisation provides services for children aged 5-12 and their families and includes home and school-based social work services, nationwide therapeutic care and education service, parenting programmes and respite holiday programmes for kin/whānau and foster caregivers.
Our East Coast office is at the Stand Children’s Services Village in Gisborne. The area we cover is East Cape, East Coast, Gisborne and Hawke’s Bay. We have a Hawke’s Bay position available. Fixed Term role as a Social Worker based in Hawke’s Bay.
A Community Social Worker’s role with Stand is interesting and diverse, as you will undertake assessments; collaboratively formulate plans; work one on one with children and their families and coordinate service delivery. Regular travel is required.
Competencies we are seeking include:
- Applicants with a Social Work degree. Preference will be given to a candidate who is registered with SWRB.
- The ability to relate positively and communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with computer literacy skills.
- A commitment to professionalism and the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Proficiency in needs assessment and case management skills.
- The ability to be self-motivated and to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A strong commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and knowledge of Tikanga Māori.
- A clean driver’s license (Defensive Driving Certificate preferred)
Successful applicants will be subject to NZ Police & Oranga Tamariki vetting.
Interested please apply below with your CV & Cover Letter including at least 3 referees and your current employment details.
To apply for this job go to: http://standforchildrenjobs.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref
Applications close 15 January 2021