Social Worker, Hōhepa, Hawke’s Bay
Hōhepa is a therapeutic community based on the work of Dr Rudolf Steiner. We are currently seeking an exceptional person for a Social Worker in our Children & Young Adult’s Community in Poraiti.
The Social Worker is responsible for managing processes and systems throughout the service, working across residential homes and the school; planning, coordinating, scheduling, communicating and organising will be key aspects of the job, along with liaising with funders and agencies, and keeping everyone involved and informed. We draw on the teachings and example of Dr Rudolf Steiner, particularly the approach of ‘curative education’ when working with people with intellectual disabilities.
To be successful in this post you will:
- Have social work training, with current Registered Social Worker status
- Have good working knowledge of the disability / special education sector, and of applicable legislation and best practice.
- Have knowledge of the ‘Vulnerable Children Act’, ‘Children, Young Persons, and Their Families Act’, and associated processes.
- Have understanding of the development of children.
- Be willing and able to work within Hōhepa’s values and practices (curative education and social therapy based on the work of Dr Rudolf Steiner)
- Be literate and numerate, able to write reports, and with good computer skills
- Be physically fit to meet the demands of the role; be drug free; and be able to pass our vetting requirements
This is a full-time position working 8:30am-5pm, Monday to Friday. Hōhepa can be a very rewarding place to work, as you journey alongside people with special needs, and support them to achieve their goals.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity – apply now!
Application Closes 15 August 2021