Social Worker – Housing, Community Ministries, Tauranga
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified practitioner to join the social work staff of the Tauranga Community Ministries Team.
- Are you committed to being a part of the solution for vulnerable kiwis to have long term stable housing?
- Are you experienced in assessing situations?
- Able to develop plans and to respond to identified needs?
- Able to guide individuals /families to achieve positive outcomes?
About the Department/Operation/Programme
Our Community Ministries centres around New Zealand provide individuals and families with food parcels, budgeting advice, life skills and parenting courses, social work, youth development, and transitional housing.
Our aim is to give a helping hand so communities are not dependent on government assistance and can gain a greater level of control over their life.
We also work alongside the wider range of Salvation Army social services including addictions (as well as problem gambling), employment training and church groups.
About the role
Our Social Work Team is committed to providing a professional service and care to our community. We require a Registered Social Worker with social work experience to work with families in Transitional Housing.
This exciting role involves working with families providing comprehensive assessments, case management, and one to one supportive interventions. This is a permanent, full time position at 37.5 hours per week.
If you have a commitment to supporting families and have many of the following attributes, we would like to hear from you:
- The ability to relate positively and communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent standard of computer literacy skills.
- The ability to be self-motivated and work both independently and part of the team.
- Effective planning and organisation skills.
- Proficiency in needs assessment and case management skills.
- Practical experience in service delivery and well-established professional practice.
- ANZASW Membership preferred.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Able to work from a bicultural perspective.
- Be a fully qualified driver.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong affinity with the values and mission of The Salvation Army.
To be appointed in this role, applicants must have NZ residency. This role includes working with vulnerable people, children & youth. A Police Check will be required as part of the application process.
To request for an application form and/or Job Description, please email, Deb Nash at: Tauranga_CM@salvationarmy.org.nz
To view Job Descripition click here>>
Phone: 07 578 4264
Applications close by 12 noon on Wednesday 29th January