Social Worker Inpatient and Community Services – Timaru Hospital
Permanent, part-time – 20 hours per week, weekdays
Life is a collection of small moments: meaningful moments, challenging moments, moments to remember. At SCDHB, we want to support our people to enjoy more of the moments that matter. Are you ready to join us?
Right now, we’re looking for a passionate Social Worker. As an integral part of the SCDHB Social Work Service based at Timaru Hospital, the Social Worker provides psychosocial support to individuals and their families/whanau facing challenges arising from health-related issues. Sound like you?
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Full registration with the New Zealand Social Workers Registration Board
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate
- ANZASW membership or be participating in monthly clinical supervision
- Comprehensive Social Work knowledge and appropriate clinical experience preferably within a health related setting
- Experience in managing the complex psychosocial needs of patients and whanau within the health setting
- The aptitude to make autonomous clinical decisions within scope of practice
- The ability to work effectively within a team along with a high standard of oral and written communication skills
- A current New Zealand driver’s licence
You already know what a Social Worker does, so why choose South Canterbury DHB?
As one of the country’s smaller DHBs, our people always have room to move and grow. Working with patients right across the hospital, you’ll get a wide exposure to specialties and enjoy a flat team structure, where processes run smoothly and there are no barriers to leadership or innovation. You’ll always be supported to thrive through our many professional development opportunities and have the chance to share your expertise as part of our graduate mentoring programme.
On top of all that, you’ll get to enjoy the fantastic Timaru lifestyle: between the beach and the mountains, that long-coveted work-life balance is truly achievable here.
At SCDHB, integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect and excellence are at the heart of everything we do. We are a proudly diverse team, as we know a diverse and inclusive workforce achieves the best outcomes for our patients and communities. If you share in these core values and bring them into every aspect of your patient care, we can’t wait for you to join us.
Please apply for this vacancy online at https://scdhb.careercentre.net.nz
We look forward to receiving your application directly via our careers site.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Human Resources by phoning 03 687-2230.
Applications close on Sunday, 27 June 2021.
As part of our duty of care towards our patients, it is crucial that all patient-facing staff be fully immunised. If you have made it to the later stages of recruitment, you will be expected to produce your immunisation records for infection control purposes.