Social Worker, Kaitaia
Job Ref: 32353
Are you passionate in making a real and positive difference to New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi?
We currently have exciting opportunities available for Social Workers at our Kaitaia site. You would be working within creative and innovative teams, who are equally experienced with an immense passion in supporting and guiding children and young people to reach their best potential.
In this role, you will be part of making a difference to the lives of our young people and their whanau by working through and utilising the latest strength-based practice tools and assessment framework. Along with that, you will also be engaging with the tamariki, developing, managing and delivering plans to ensure their voices are heard. A big part of your day will also include participating in family group conferences and partnering with other agencies and the community to identify the beat outcomes for all stakeholders.
Key attributes that you will bring:
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- A full, clean, current driver’s licence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
- Excellent organisational skills and the aptitude to engage people
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite skills and good report writing
What’s on offer?
- Salary range is between $60,000 – $100,000
- A challenging, fascinating and gratifying career
- On-going training and professional development
- A cohesive and supportive team environment
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Discounts on Southern Cross Health insurance
- Access to a government banking package with Westpac – special offers and rates
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hayley Palmer on email@example.com