Social Worker, Nelson
Nelson Service Centre
“Supporting Whānau Caring for Tamariki”
The Open Home Foundation (OHF) is currently seeking a Social Worker to join the Nelson Service Centre. The position is full time, negotiable to achieve the best fit for our services.
Do you want to contribute to developing services that integrate a trauma informed approach when working with tamariki and rangatahi?
We are looking for a Social Worker who shares our passion for providing quality, family based care and social work. We provide a supportive working environment, and are committed to the training and development of staff taking on this challenging and rewarding role.
The successful applicant will have:
- An ability to work closely with tamariki, rangatahi, whānau and the community
- Good communication and relationship management skills
- An interest in working within care and protection social work
- Knowledge of the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989 and its uses within care and protection
- Registration with SWRB or be in the process of registering
- An understanding of how the role recognises the special relationship between Māori and Tauiwi
OHF is committed to mobilising the mainstream Christian community to serve tamariki, rangatahi and whānau in Aotearoa New Zealand.
For more information or an application pack please contact:
Open Home Foundation