Social Worker, Nelson
Full time – Nelson
“Supporting Families, Caring for Children”
The Open Home Foundation (OHF) is a Christian Community Response and has a vision that every child and young person has the opportunity to grow up in a secure, loving family and receive a depth of care which will bless them throughout their lives.
We are looking for a Social Worker who shares our vision and is able to work closely with tamariki, rangatahi, whānau and the community in a strengths-based and culturally appropriate way that promotes family well-being/whānau mauri ora.
The successful person will have the following:
- A Social Work qualification
- An interest in working within care and protection social work
- Knowledge of the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989 and its uses within care and protection
- Registration with SWRB or be in the process of registering
- An understanding of how the role recognises the special relationship between Māori and Tauiwi
- An ability to work closely with tamariki, rangatahi, whānau and the community
- Good communication and relationship management skills
If you would like more information on the role, please:
You can apply online with your cover letter, CV and application form.