Social Worker, North Shore, Auckland
De Paul House emergency housing and family support service is looking for an experienced social worker to join our passionate team. We have provided emergency housing and support services for those most vulnerable in our community for over 30 years. We work with the values of respect and dignity for all, to create sustainable and caring communities. We operate in the spirit of Te Tiriti o Waitangi recognising its commitment to social justice and partnership with the tangata whenua of Aotearoa.
This position is to support whānau focussed on housing and addressing the complex issues of homelessness. You will be working in a supportive team based at our community hub in the North Shore.
What you will do:
- Work alongside families in our residential and outreach community focussing on a sustainable housing solution
- Network with relevant agencies and resources in the community (both government and NGO) to support struggling families and increase their support systems
What you will need:
- Social Work Qualification and registration with SWRB (or working towards)
- 3 years or more social work experience
- The ability to work independently and within defined boundaries
- To be able to demonstrate ability in using data systems
- Experience with psychosocial assessments and care plans
- Strong awareness of community networks and supports and ability to build working relationships with clients, team, and external parties
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- To have a full clean NZ driver’s license
- To be eligible to work in NZ
We offer you:
- A great team culture
- The opportunity to assist with transformative change in whānau
- Ongoing training, development and peer support
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to work closer to home if based on the North Shore
CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including an indication of preferred salary range.