Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, Dannevirke
We offer a vibrant and supportive team and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
- On-going coaching, support, and professional development
- Enhanced annual leave
- Wellness benefits
- Support in learning Te Reo
- Competitive salary up to $102,000
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, currently have an opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join our Dannevirke site.
In this role you will be part of a supportive team who work closely together and who are passionate about supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi. You will be a part of something bigger, carrying out meaningful work and making a difference to the lives of our tamariki and their whānau.
Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can and should flourish.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration (or able to apply) with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand’s drivers’ licence.
What we are offering:
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki’s remuneration range, between $56,100 – $102,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac.
For an informal chat around whether Oranga Tamariki and Dannevirke right for you. Please contact Sandra McCleary at Sandra.email@example.com
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
How to apply
Apply online>> with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs. If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Wednesday, 19 May 2021