Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki, Hastings
Are you passionate in making a real and positive difference to New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi?
We currently have exciting opportunities for Social Workers to join our East Coast team here at Hastings – a team who is creative and innovative and is equally experienced with an immense passion in supporting and guiding children and young people to reach their best potential.
In this role, you will be part of making a difference to the lives of our young people and their whānau by utilising the latest strength-based practice tools and assessment framework. Along with that, you will also be engaging with the tamariki, developing, managing and delivering plans to ensure their voices are heard. A big part of your day will also include working collaboratively with other organisations and agencies as we work alongside tamariki and whānau to support improved outcomes.
Need some flexibility? We can support you with flexible working arrangements, and welcome applicants who are looking for part time or reduced hours.
If this sounds like you, please click apply!
Key attributes to be considered will include:
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or working towards full registration
- A holder of a recognised Social Worker qualification by the SWRB
- The ability to quickly build rapport with tamariki and rangatahi
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- An awareness and understanding of cross-cultural issues and concerns, particularly a working knowledge of tikanga Māori and Pacific peoples’ culture
- Resilience and ability to drive positive outcomes
- Full clean valid New Zealand’s driver’s licence
What we are offering:
- A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000 depending on qualifications and relevant experience
- Support in professional development
- Flexible working opportunities
- Be part of a positive, supportive and dedicated team
- To work in a fascinating and rewarding career
How to apply?
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal. All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our tracking system. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to also provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you have any other further questions about the role, please contact Leonie Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Sunday, 31 May 2020.