Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki, Napier
Join our site in Napier, an area renown for it’s wineries and beautiful scenery. We are seeking talented, newly qualified or experienced Social Workers! If you are passionate about improving the lives of young people and carrying out meaningful work that makes a difference, this could be the opportunity for you!
- On-going coaching and professional development
- Full training and ongoing support
- Generous and supported annual leave
- Autonomy to work the way that suits you
- Wellness support
- Support in learning Te Reo
- Competitive salary up to $102,000
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, currently have opportunities for newly qualified or experienced Social Workers to join our Napier site.
In this role you will be part of a supportive team who work closely together and who are passionate about supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki. You will be a part of something bigger, carrying out meaningful work and making a difference to the lives of our tamariki and their whanau.
Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can and should flourish.
Why work for Oranga Tamariki?
We are proud to have a negative Gender Pay Gap average and have a workforce that is 74.9% female (2020).
Take a look at our new ways of working here:https://www.orangatamariki.govt.nz/about-us/how-we-work/new-ways-of-working/
Here’s why some of our staff love working for OT:
“I enjoy what Oranga Tamariki stand for, Tika and Pono is important to me”
“It’s about respect, being in our community both Maori and Pakeha”
“I like being able to have a discussion with peers and Supervisors and being open to talk about difficulties and how to improve practice”
“I thrive on having open conversations, trust in my colleagues, sharing ideas and knowing what my role is and the expectations of my role”
“I like the fact that we work together with community groups and we can bring ideas to the table”
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration (or able to apply) with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand’s drivers’ licence
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki’s remuneration range, between $56,100 – $102,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate Southern Cross and Westpac insurances
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible working options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
For an informal chat around whether Oranga Tamariki and Napier is right for you. Please contact Davina Winiata at email@example.com
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs. If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Wednesday, 28 April 2021