Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, (six month fixed-term) Nelson,
Want to work in one of the most beautiful parts of New Zealand and enjoy an outdoor lifestyle close to the buzz of the city? Our Nelson team are looking for a Social Worker for a six month fixed-term contract or Secondment. Join us and find out why our staff love working for Oranga Tamariki!
- Fixed-term – six months
- On-going coaching and professional development
- Full training and ongoing support
- Autonomy to work the way that suits you
- Wellness support
- Support in learning Te Reo
- Competitive salary up to $102,000
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, currently have an opportunity for a Social Worker to join our Nelson site on a six month fixed-term contract.
In this role you will be part of a supportive team who work closely together
and who are passionate about supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki. You will be a part of something bigger, carrying out meaningful work and making a difference to the lives of our tamariki and their whanau.
Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can and should flourish.
Why work at Oranga Tamariki?
We are proud to have a negative Gender Pay Gap average and have a workforce that is 74.9% female (2020).
Take a look at our new ways of working here:https://www.orangatamariki.govt.nz/about-us/how-we-work/new-ways-of-working/
Here’s why some of our staff love working for OT:
“I enjoy what Oranga Tamariki stand for, Tika and Pono is important to me”
“It’s about respect, being in our community both Maoriand Pakeha”
“I like being able to have a discussion with peers and Supervisors and being open to talk about difficulties and how to improve practice”
“I thrive on having open conversations, trust in my colleagues, sharing ideas and knowing what my role is and the expectations of my role”
“I like the fact that we work together with community groups and we can bring ideas to the table”
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration (or able to apply) with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand’s drivers’ licence.
What we are offering:
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki’s remuneration range, between $56,100 – $102,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Full induction and training
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible working options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
For an informal chat around whether Oranga Tamariki and Nelson is right for you. Please contact Lisa Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply?
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal.
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our tracking system
If you have any other further questions about the application process, please contact Jo Benson, Recruitment Advisor at email@example.com
Applications close on Thursday, 15 April 2021 at https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/?job=2649SW