Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, New Plymouth Region
At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi.
We aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
If you do practice the same values as we do, we would like to hear from you!
We at Oranga Tamariki currently have a fixed-term opportunity for a Social Worker to join our New Plymouth Region – a high performing team who is creative and innovative and a workplace with relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through application of our established practice model: You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal.
Our team of practitioners are a tight knit group who work closely together in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
If this sounds like you, please click apply!
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to will include:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- To demonstrate resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- To uphold the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- To have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver’s licence
What we are offering:
- A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Access to corporate health fund discounts
- On-going professional development
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday, 10 August 2020.