Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, Otago
- Familiar with trauma informed practice
- A competitive remuneration range – between $55,000 and $100,000
- Opportunity to make a difference in the community
Do you want to be part of a team who focuses on establishing a multi agency approach to protect and care for New Zealands’ tamariki and rangatahi? If you do practice the same values as we do and would like to be part of a team who values creativity and innovation, we would like to hear from you!
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children is currently seeking for a passionate Social Worker practitioner to join our Balclutha site – a team where relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through application of our established practice model. You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand’s driver’s licence
What we are offering:
- commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- on-going professional development
- access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac.
If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to be in a fascinating and rewarding role, please click apply!
How to apply?
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal.
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our tracking system.
If you have any other further questions about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes Wednesday, 21 October 2020.