Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki, Rangiora Site
Are you passionate in making a real difference to New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi? Are you an innovative Social Work practitioner who is committed to developing a strong and trusting relationships with whānau, hapu and Iwi?
Look no further! We are currently looking for a Social Worker who is creative, a quick thinker and someone who enjoys working in a fast-pace and ever-changing environment.
In this role, you will be working in partnership with a team of Social Workers and other stakeholders including whānau and iwi. One of your main responsibilities will include designing and implementing innovative decisions to protect our tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through application of our established practice model: You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal.
You will also be part of developing and delivering effective planning to support our tamariki and rangatahi to ensure their voices are heard. This is an opportunity for you to utilise your soft skills by participating in care plans for young people.
Our team of practitioners are a tight knit group who works closely together in supporting us in delivering the best outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi. If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to will include:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board or able to register
- To demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Cultural awareness and understanding of Tikanga Māori
- A positive attitude and the ability to influence and empower our tamariki and rangatahi
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver’s licence
What we are offering
- A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Unique staff benefits which include discounted rates on Southern Cross Health Insurance
- To work along a cohesive and supportive team environment
- On-going professional development
How to apply?
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our tracking system.
If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you have any other further questions about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at email@example.com
Application closes Friday, 21 August 2020.