Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, Southland
Our belief is, with the right environment and the right people surrounding and nurturing our tamariki and rangatahi, we will be able to support our children and young people to reach their best potential.
We are currently seeking for Social Workers to join our Southland region based at our Invercargill site – where you will be part of a team who is creative and innovative and is equally experienced with an immense passion in supporting and guiding children and young people to reach their best potential.
In these fast-paced roles, you will be working in partnership with a team of Social Workers and other stakeholders including whānau and iwi. One of your main responsibilities will include designing and implementing innovative decisions to protect our tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through the application of our established practice model: You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal.
You will also be part of developing and delivering effective planning to support our tamariki and rangatahi to ensure their voices are heard. This is an opportunity for you to utilise your soft skills by participating in care plans for young people.
Are you a passionate Social Worker who would like to be part of a tight knit group who work closely together in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.?
If you are, we would like to hear from you!
What you will bring?
- A full recognised Registration and current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Well-developed child protection Social Work knowledge and practices
- Experience in leading and inspiring a team
- Resilience and the ability to work well under pressure
- Cultural awareness and understanding of Tikanga Māori
- A positive attitude and the ability to influence and empower our tamariki and rangatahi
- Good communication skills., time management and strong conflict resolution skills
In return we will be offering the following:
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Unique staff benefits which include discounted rates on Southern Cross Health Insurance
- To work along a cohesive and supportive team environment
- On-going professional development
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your Social Work Qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you want to know more about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application close on Friday, 7 August 2020.