Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, Tauranga East, Ngā Parirau
- Supportive team environment with a commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki remuneration range, between $56,000 – $102,000
About us – Mō mātou
Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through the application of our established practice model.
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role – Mō te tūnga
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, currently have an opportunity for a Social Worker to join our high performing, creative and innovative team based at our Tauranga East Site – a team where relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
Our team of practitioners are a tight knit group who work closely together in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to will include the following:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- To demonstrate resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- To uphold the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- To have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver’s licence
What’s in it for you – Nōu te rourou
In return we will be able to offer you the opportunity to work in a rewarding and challenging work environment that truly makes a difference to the community.
We also offer unique staff benefits which includes interesting health and banking packages. The ability to have a flexible working environment is also in practice. Being a Ministry that is caring and nurturing, we value the best interest for the people we serve and our employees where regular training and support in on-going professional development is appreciated.
If this sounds like you, hit apply now!
How to apply – Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla at Sravani.email@example.com
Hurry, applications close Wednesday, 3 March 2021!