Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, Teaotahi, Whangarei
Permanent, full-time position
Our Social Workers say they work at Oranga Tamariki because they have the opportunity to change the lives of tamariki and young people, make a difference and help our kids get a better life. Do you want to be a part of that? If so, look no further we have the role for you!
To be successful in this rewarding position, you will need the following:
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Excellent report writing and written communication skills
- A full, current, clean driver’s licence
About the opportunity for you
At our Teaotahi site in Whangarei, we work alongside our community partners to bring about positive outcomes for our children, young people and their whānau. Our Social Workers at Oranga Tamariki-Ministry for Children manage a variety of tasks using the latest assessment frameworks; you will work hard to get quality outcomes for mokopuna and whānau. A big part of your day will be working with children and young people to ensure their voices are heard. You will complete assessments, reports and formal Family Court documents, create plans, complete referrals, participate in Family Group Conferences and partner with other agencies, stakeholders and the community to get the best outcomes for our tamariki. Your ability to overcome barriers and skill to drive positive outcomes will put you in good stead for this challenging and hugely rewarding role.
We can offer you:
- A competitive market salary between $56,100 – $102,000
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
- On-going training and regular supervision
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Access to generous Southern Cross health plan
At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities, and we want you to come on this journey with us. Our vision is that New Zealand values the wellbeing of tamariki above all else. We believe that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can, and should flourish.
How to apply
Apply online>> with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
For further information please contact Claire Burnton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Tuesday, 18 May 2021.