Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, Timaru
Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki – Timaru
- Full-time permanent roles available in Timaru
- Be part of a fun team based in the stunning South Island of New Zealand
- Excellent benefits, including an additional five days annual leave per annum
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, currently have opportunities for Social Workers to join our Timaru Site. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team who work closely together and who are passionate in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whanau through application of our established practice model: You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal.
You will be part of making a difference to the lives of our tamariki and their whanau by utilising the latest strength-based practice tools and assessment framework. By engaging with tamariki and developing, managing and delivering plans it will ensure their voices are heard.
You will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their whanau, external agencies and communities to ensure a collaborative approach to improved outcomes.
This role requires a passion to actively work to keep tamariki at the centre of everything we do. It’s more than a job, it’s an opportunity to champion tamariki and their whanau with every decision you make.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver’s licence
What we are offering:
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki’s remuneration range, between $56,100 – $102,000
- On-going professional development and coaching
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac.
- Five days additional annual leave
How to apply?
Please apply by registering a profile and uploading your CV and cover letter.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Jo Benson at email@example.com
Application closes Thursday, 17 June 2021