Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki, Timaru
At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi.
If you do practice the same values as we do, we would like to hear from you!
We are seeking for Social Workers to join our southern Canterbury region based at our Timaru site – where you will be part of a multidisciplinary team who works closely and is passionate in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
A big part of your role will see you working in partnership with a wide range of people including a team of Social Workers and external stakeholders. In this role, you will provide and develop effective planning assessment and establishing programmes to support our tamariki and rangatahi to ensure their voices are heard.
At Oranga Tamariki, we aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through the application of our established practice model: You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal.
To be successful in this position, you will need to portray a strong professional ethics along with a holistic approach that is client-centered and strengths-based. You will display a caring, friendly demeanour and be a real team player with an open-minded approach. You will also need to have a real passion and dedication to all aspects of service deliveries and the ability to build positive relationships with our clients and their whānau.
What you will bring?
- A fully recognised Registration and current Annual Practicing Certificate
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Well-developed child protection Social Work knowledge and practices
- Resilience and the ability to work well under pressure
- Cultural awareness and understanding of Tikanga Māori
- A positive attitude and the ability to influence and empower our tamariki and rangatahi
- Good communication skills, time management and strong conflict resolution skills
In return we will be offering:
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- To work along a cohesive and supportive team environment
- On-going professional development
- A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your Social Work Qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you want to know more about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at email@example.com
Application closes Thursday, 10 July 2020.