Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki – Wellington
Are you passionate in making a real difference to New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi? Are you an innovative Social Work practitioner who is committed to developing a strong and trusting relationships with whānau, hapu and Iwi?
Look no further! We are currently seeking for a Social Work practitioner who is creative, a quick thinker and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment to join our Lower Hutt Site.
With the focus in supporting the change to the lives of our young people and their whānau, you will be utilising the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment framework. You will also be will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families and other agencies including communities to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
A big part of your role focuses on establishing a positive partnership with other agencies and the community to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders where your well-developed communication skills both written and oral will be practiced. You will also be enhancing your soft skills through listening and participating in developing and delivering effective and efficient planning to support our tamariki and rangatahi.
Our team of practitioners are a tight knit group who works closely together in supporting us in delivering better outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi. If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to will include:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board or able to register
- To demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Good time management and organisational skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand’s driver’s licence
What we are offering:
- A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Unique staff benefits which include discounted rates on Southern Cross Health Insurance
- To work along a cohesive and supportive team environment
- On-going professional development
How to apply?
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our tracking system If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you have any other further questions about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at email@example.com
Applications close Monday, 6 July 2020.