Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, Whakatane
Social Worker, Care and Protection – Whakatane – Permanent
- Supportive team environment with a commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki remuneration range, between $56,000 – $102,000
About us – Mō mātou
Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through the application of our established practice model.
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role – Mō te tūnga
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, currently have an opportunity for a Social Worker to join our high performing, creative and innovative team based at our Whakatane – a team where relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
Our team of practitioners are a tight knit group who work closely together in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to will include:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- To demonstrate resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- To uphold the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- To have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- A valid and clean New Zealand’s driver’s licence
What’s in it for you – Nōu te rourou
In return we will be able to offer you the opportunity to work in a rewarding and challenging work environment that truly makes a difference to the community.
We also offer unique staff benefits which includes interesting health and banking packages. The ability to have a flexible working environment is also in practice. Being a Ministry that is caring and nurturing, we value the best interest for the people we serve and our employees where regular training and support in on-going professional development is appreciated.
What team you will work with?
Our Whakatane team works together and helps each other out. A child or young person doesn’t just belong to one of us, we all get involved to help as and where we can. You will have a manager whose whole goal in their career is to get you where you want to be. A sense of humour is important in our team; we really value a good laugh. Being a high Māori demography in Whakatane, we are learning as much as we can about the culture and why it’s so important. Support will be giving to those who want to develop or learn Te Reo and even the opportunity to work with our local iwi to help them and grow those vital relationships.
If this sounds like you, hit apply now!
How to apply – Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online here>> with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla at Sravani.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications close on the Thursday, 4 March 2021.
Please do not apply for this vacancy if you are not registered with the Social Work Registration Board (SWRB).
Instead please follow the below links to be considered accordingly:
- If you are a student studying social work or a social work graduate, please apply here –https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=34785&company=ministryofP&st=429319EDA83F55C02D6F1F2A71578B1674157946
- If you are an experienced social worker who hasn’t registered or is waiting to hear back regarding their application for registration, please apply here –https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=34786&company=ministryofP&st=46B9ED700ECE606853CB9B79672703587A506E2A
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description below http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/social-worker-position-description.pdf